The Inverness, Fla.-based 198-bed community hospital, which is located roughly 75 miles north of Tampa and is officially called Citrus Memorial Health Foundation, is confident that the transaction will be completed this fall and that payments from HCA on the lease deal will be used to repay its outstanding bond debt, said Citrus Memorial spokeswoman Katie Mehl in a phone interview Thursday.
The hospital is operated by Citrus Memorial Health under a long-term lease with Citrus County Hospital Board. Through the transaction, the board will lease the facility to Hospital Corp. of America and Citrus Memorial Health Foundation will step out, Mehl explained.
The hospital is a not-for-profit facility, but under a new lease with HCA, the latter will operate it as a for-profit enterprise, Mehl said.She wouldn't comment on the exact value of the transaction, but said that it will provide Citrus Memorial will enough proceeds to repay the company's bond debt, cover its employee pension costs and leave "many millions left over" to be used for charity care in the community, among other things. Mehl explained that HCA would likely make an up-front payment for the lease. "We are hoping to have a definitive agreement in the next few months and close in the fall," she said. Citrus Memorial has two series of secured bonds, the first issued in 2002 and the second issued in 2008. The $37.46 million outstanding on its 2002 bonds bear interest between 6.25% and 6.375%, and have a final maturity of Aug. 15, 2023. Meanwhile, the $7.65 million outstanding on its 2008 bonds are priced at 1.2% and mature on Oct. 1, 2018.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV