NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of AON Plc (AON) are down -3.85% to $87.47 as the world's second biggest insurance broker by market value, fell the most since April after revenue missed estimates as reinsurance sales dropped, Bloomberg reports.
Revenue was $2.92 billion, compared with analysts' estimates of $2.96 billion in a Bloomberg survey. Reinsurance commissions and fees fell 4.3% to $360 million, the company said today
The company's net income was $304 million, or $1.01 per share, compared with $241 million, or 76 cents per share a year earlier.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV