NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Moody's
(MCO) shares are up 0.7% to $93.11 on Friday after reporting a jump in second quarter profits to $1.12 per share that beat analysts expectations by 11 cents.
Revenue for the quarter, led by the company's bond ratings business, rose 16% to $873.5 million, well ahead of analysts estimates of $801.5 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates MOODY'S CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate MOODY'S CORP (MCO) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
MCO data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV