Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Dr Pepper Snapple gained 0.1% to $61.02 in morning trading.
The analyst firm reiterated its "neutral" rating for the beverage company. Dr Pepper Snapple showed strong second quarter numbers according to USB analysts Stephen Powers and Megan Cody."DPS's strong Q2 results have further solidified our belief that DPS is well-equipped to manage through volume headwinds, as it works to successfully offset them with sustainable productivity initiatives," the analysts wrote. "Going forward, we take DPS's revised guidance mostly at face value (albeit tinged with a bit of conservatism) as H2 profitability should be more subdued given increasing costs and anticipated decelerations in Beverage Concentrates and Latin America growth (both negative to margin mix)." Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. -------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP INC (DPS) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated." DPS data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV