NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Deckers Outdoor Corp.
(DECK) are higher by 9.13% to $93.01 in pre-market trading on Friday, after the company reported an earnings per diluted share loss for the fiscal 2015 first quarter which came in well below analysts' expectations, and as the company raised its guidance for the full fiscal year.
For the most recent quarter the company posted a diluted EPS loss of -$1.07. The consensus estimate was for a loss of -$1.28 per share.
The casual and high activity apparel, accessories, and shoe designer and distributor reported a record rise in revenue by 24.3% to $211.5 million, compared to $170.1 million for the fiscal 2014 first quarter.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The company guided for a 14.5% increase in earnings per diluted share, compared to its original estimate of 13.5%, for the 2015 fiscal year.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate DECKERS OUTDOOR CORP (DECK) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Deckers Outdoor said it expecting revenue for the full fiscal year to grow 14%, compared to its previous guidance of 13%.
DECK data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV