Story updated at 9:50 a.m. to reflect market activity.
Cabot Oil & Gas fell -1.5% to $32.59 in morning trading.
The company lacks visibility for Appalachian basin pricing according to the analyst firm.Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ---------------- Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CABOT OIL & GAS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CABOT OIL & GAS CORP (COG) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 36.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CABOT OIL & GAS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CABOT OIL & GAS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.67 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.15 versus $0.67).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 149.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $42.82 million to $107.03 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $255.38 million or 20.07% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, CABOT OIL & GAS CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.02%.
- The gross profit margin for CABOT OIL & GAS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 72.83%. Regardless of COG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, COG's net profit margin of 20.99% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: COG Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts