STAVANGER, Norway, July 25, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Statoil's (OSE:STL, NYSE:STO) second quarter 2014 net operating income was NOK 32.0 billion, a decrease of NOK 2.3 billion compared to the second quarter of 2013. Adjusted earnings were NOK 32.3 billion.
"Statoil delivered solid operational performance in the quarter, with continued high production regularity on the Norwegian continental shelf and project execution according to plan. We have deferred gas production to enhance value, but remain on track for delivering on our production guiding for 2014. Our quarterly earnings were impacted by divestments, seasonal effects and lower gas prices. For the first half of the year, earnings were around the same level as in the same period last year," says Helge Lund, Statoil's president and CEO.
Statoil's net income for the second quarter was NOK 12.0 billion, an increase from NOK 4.3 billion in the same period of 2013. Earnings per share were NOK 3.75, an increase from NOK 1.38.Adjusted earnings were NOK 32.3 billion, a 15% decrease compared to the second quarter last year. The net adjustments of NOK 0.3 billion are primarily related to gains and impairments. In the second quarter, the company recorded a gain of NOK 3.6 billion from the farm-down in Shah Deniz and the South Caucasus Pipeline. The gain was offset by impairments of NOK 4.3 billion in the US onshore business, mainly related to sustained local price differentials. Adjusted earnings after tax were NOK 9.9 billion, compared to NOK 11.3 billion in the same period last year. "Our cash flow from operations before tax is NOK 118 billion so far this year, and we have a strong balance sheet. We will pay a dividend of NOK 1.80 per share for the quarter, in line with our commitment to capital distribution to our shareholders," says Lund.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV