Trade-Ideas: Vornado Realty (VNO) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- VNO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $60.2 million.
- VNO is up 2.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VNO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VNO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VNO: Vornado Realty Trust is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It makes investments in commercial real estate properties to create its portfolio. The firm was formerly known as Vornado Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. VNO has a PE ratio of 1199.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Vornado Realty a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vornado Realty has been 723,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Vornado has a market cap of $20.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 2.9% with 8.12 days to cover. Shares are up 21.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vornado Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- VORNADO REALTY TRUST reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VORNADO REALTY TRUST swung to a loss, reporting -$0.03 versus $1.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.23 versus -$0.03).
- VNO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for VORNADO REALTY TRUST is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.54%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.94% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Vornado Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.