− Total revenue of $114.3 million, up 31.9% year-over-year − Adjusted EBITDA of $33.0 million, up 32.7% year-over-year − TTM Free cash flow generation of $114.2 million, up 24.7% year-over-year − Ending paid listings of approximately 1,040,000 up 34.2% year-over-year
AUSTIN, Texas, July 24, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- HomeAway, Inc. (Nasdaq:AWAY), the world's leading online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
Management Commentary"We've had another great quarter, once again delivering results above our expectations," says Brian Sharples, chief executive officer of HomeAway®. "We also achieved a significant milestone, reaching one million live listings on our global network of sites. Due to our industry leading breadth of vacation home inventory, it's now easier than ever for travelers to find and book a vacation with HomeAway." Mr. Sharples continued, "Looking back on the first half of the year, I'm pleased with our accomplishments. We continue to deliver financially, while at the same time executing against our robust product roadmap and e-commerce initiatives. Our new pay-per-booking product is now available to both homeowners and property managers on HomeAway.com and VRBO.com in the US as well as three of our largest European sites. And in regards to our e-commerce initiatives, we've seen a sharp acceleration in adoption in recent quarters. With much of our platform and product investment behind us, the next few years will mark a renewed focus on marketing as we strive to make HomeAway one of the most recognized and respected travel brands in the world." Second Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights
- Total revenue increased 31.9% to $114.3 million from $86.6 million in the second quarter of 2013. On an FX neutral basis, year-over-year revenue growth was 29.9%. Growth in total revenue primarily reflected an increase in average revenue per listing as a result of tiered pricing and bundled product offerings, an increase in new listings and the benefit of ancillary product and services revenue.
- Listing revenue increased 28.7% to $94.5 million from $73.4 million in the second quarter of 2013. On an FX neutral basis, year-over-year listing revenue growth was 26.5%.
- Other revenue, which is comprised of ancillary revenue from owners and travelers, advertising, software and other items, increased 49.7% to $19.7 million from $13.2 million in the second quarter of 2013. Growth in other revenue primarily reflected increased adoption of value-added owner, manager and traveler products.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased 32.7% to $33.0 million from $24.8 million in the second quarter of 2013. As a percentage of revenue, adjusted EBITDA was 28.8% compared to 28.7% in the second quarter of 2013.
- Free cash flow increased 82.5% to $35.0 million from $19.2 million in the second quarter of 2013. Impacting year-over-year comparability of free cash flow was a non-recurring cash tax that was paid in the second quarter of 2013. On a trailing twelve month basis, free cash flow increased 24.7% to $114.2 million from $91.6 million in the comparable trailing twelve month period for the prior year.
- Net income attributable to HomeAway was $3.9 million, or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to net income attributable to HomeAway of $5.5 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2013. In the second quarter of 2014, we recorded $4.5M of interest expense related to our convertible debt.
- Non-GAAP net income was $14.3 million, or $0.15 per diluted share, compared to non-GAAP net income of $14.0 million, or $0.16 per diluted share, in the second quarter of 2013.
- Paid listings at the end of the second quarter were 1,040,547, a year-over-year increase of 34.2% from 775,232 at the end of the second quarter of 2013. At the end of the second quarter, 744,878 of the listings were subscription listings and 295,669 were performance-based listings.
- Average revenue per subscription listing during the second quarter was $473, an FX neutral increase of 11.5% compared to the prior year, up 13.7% as reported.
- Renewal rate was 72.8% at the end of the second quarter, compared to 72.4% at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and 73.1% at the end of the first quarter of 2014. Adjusting for the impact of consolidated listings and network bundles, renewal rate for the second quarter of 2014 would have been 74.3%, compared to 74.5% at the end of the second quarter of 2013 and 74.9% at the end of the first quarter of 2014.
- Visits were 229.5 million during the second quarter, a year-over-year increase of 14.2%.