Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) today announced financial results for the Company’s fiscal third quarter 2014. Net income for the quarter was $1.4 billion, an increase of 11% over the prior year, or $2.17 per share, an increase of 15% over the prior year. All references to earnings per share assume fully-diluted class A share count unless otherwise noted.
Net operating revenue in the fiscal third quarter of 2014 was $3.2 billion, an increase of 5% nominally or 7% on a constant dollar basis over the prior year, driven by solid growth in service revenue and data processing revenues. The strengthening of the U.S. dollar versus the prior year quarter negatively impacted net operating revenue growth by 2 percentage points.
“We are pleased to report 15% earnings per share growth in the face of a continued, subdued global economy,” said Charlie Scharf, Chief Executive Officer of Visa Inc. “As expected, revenue growth was affected by a strong U.S. dollar and tepid growth from cross-border transactions. More importantly, global payments volume and processed transactions remained healthy and strong. While some of the headwinds will likely continue in the short-term, we are confident our investments in products such as Visa Checkout, new technologies like tokenization, and new relationships with financial institutions and merchants will continue to drive double-digit revenue growth over the long-term.”
Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Financial Highlights:Payments volume growth, on a constant dollar basis, for the three months ended March 31, 2014, on which fiscal third quarter service revenue is recognized, was 12% over the prior year at $1.1 trillion. Payments volume growth, on a constant dollar basis, for the three months ended June 30, 2014, was 11% over the prior year at $1.2 trillion. Cross-border volume growth, on a constant dollar basis, was 7% for the three months ended June 30, 2014.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV