Shares of Comcast were gaining 0.6% to $55.06.
The dividend is in line with the company's previous. The quarterly dividend is payable on October 22 to all shareholders of record as of the close of business on October 1. The ex-dividend date is September 29.
TheStreet Ratings team rates COMCAST CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate COMCAST CORP (CMCSA) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- COMCAST CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COMCAST CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $2.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.82 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income increased by 14.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,734.00 million to $1,992.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, COMCAST CORP's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: CMCSA Ratings Report