NEW YORK, July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemicals, metals and agriculture information provider, has enhanced its cartographic portfolio with the release of the 2014 North American Natural Gas System Map – a complete view of the U.S. and Canadian natural gas industry, from extraction point to export terminal.
In addition to its geographical features, the map -- used around the world for more than 20 years -- illustrates existing infrastructure information from Platts' historical geospatial database and planned projects data as provided by Bentek Energy*.
Existing and planned pipelines display diameter, ownership and operational status. Natural gas-fueled power plants of 25 megawatts or greater are sized by capacity, symbolized by operational status (existing or planned), labeled by name and color-coded by power-generation method.
Within the map a variety of inset graphics depict U.S. natural gas shale plays, storage fields, key urban areas and the refinery-rich U.S. Gulf of Mexico, as well as key industry features such as the following:
- Pricing hubs
- Supply basins
- Compressor stations
- Import and export points
- Storage facilities colored by operational status
- Major local distribution-company service territories
- Liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminals symbolized by operational status
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts