NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Life Time Fitness Inc. (LTM) are down by -14.23% to $40.52 on heavy volume in mid-afternoon trading on Thursday, after the company reported net income and revenue for the 2014 second quarter that didn't meet analysts' expectations.
The gym and spa operator said its net income for the quarter was $29.8 million, or 76 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter, compared to $33.2 million, or 80 cents per diluted share for the 2013 second quarter.
Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected Life Time Fitness to post earnings of 81 cents per share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The company's revenue for the 2014 second quarter increased 6% to $326.6 million versus $308.1 million for the year ago quarter, missing analysts' estimates of $332.17. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates LIFE TIME FITNESS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate LIFE TIME FITNESS INC (LTM) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
LTM data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV