NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Trulia Inc. (TRLA) are climbing higher by 28.51% to $52.15 in mid-afternoon trading on Thursday, off speculation the company's rival Zillow Inc. (Z) is looking to purchase Trulia for as much as $2 billion, Bloomberg reports.
The competitors help gather information for potential buyers and renters of homes.
Shares of Zillow have jumped 17.11% to $148.11 this afternoon.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Z's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Z has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 8.42, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for ZILLOW INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -9.44% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 67.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$3.75 million to -$6.26 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, ZILLOW INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: Z Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts