NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer says Facebook (FB) has run for a while, so people may ask why it is not up even more. He notes the social media giant is generating a huge amount of cash and is an earnings-per-share story.
Cramer thinks the stock could earn $3 in 2016 and deserves a 30 multiple with 50% longer-term growth during that period, which would lift the stock price to $90. So Cramer says investors need to buy Facebook even if the stock does come back down a bit. He believes Facebook will become a core holding for money managers, not unlike Google (GOOGL) or Apple (AAPL).
Cramer says Facebook is not a revenue story or a fly-by-night outfit. It's a cash machine with very good leverage and great operating margins, and he encourages investors to buy it.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreet's Jim Cramer shares his thoughts on Facebook's latest quarter:
WATCH: More videos from Jim Cramer on TheStreet TV | More videos from Jim Cramer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV