WALLDORF, Germany, July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Demonstrating the evolution of its supply chain strategy, SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) today announced the launch of four new, cloud-based applications that enable companies to more quickly develop, orchestrate and execute integrated business plans with real-time information.
In the "new normal" marketplace, the power is in the hands of the end consumers and customers who increasingly demand individualized products and services delivered with a higher sense of urgency. Supply chains are evolving into demand networks, where demand information is captured through new signals and fulfilled through the orchestration of a complex network of internal and external partners. As a result, companies require the ability to capture, interpret, plan and quickly act on real-time information in a fast, efficient and profitable way.
To meet these challenges, the new SAP® Integrated Business Planning solution comprises SAP Integrated Business Planning for sales and operations, SAP Integrated Business Planning for inventory, SAP Integrated Business Planning for supply and SAP Supply Chain Control Tower. The applications were developed to deliver analysis and share alerts of real-time information across the end-to-end supply and demand network, with the speed of the SAP HANA® platform and fast adoption through SAP Cloud. They also offer a collaborative environment for sales and operations planning across global functions, new optimization algorithms and supply chain monitoring capabilities.
"SAP clearly 'gets' supply chain, both in terms of understanding the challenges facing manufacturers in their efforts to better manage demand, supply and product innovation delivery; as well as in providing agile and comprehensive applications to help to manage these challenges," said Simon Ellis, Practice Lead for Supply Chain at IDC Manufacturing Insights.The release of these four applications for integrated business planning enables companies to:
- Harmonize planning across corporate functions
- React more quickly to changes in demand and capture more sales with the speed of the SAP HANA platform
- Enable more consistent and actionable plans with one common data model
- Manage the complexity and uncertainty of the demand network
- Simplify the effort to achieve business value with the SAP Cloud portfolio
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV