NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- New Oriental Education & Technology Group
(EDU) shares are down -5.7% to $19.34 on Thursday continuing to fall after reporting weak sales guidance for the third quarter.
The Chinese tutoring service expects third quarter sales to grow by 6%-10% this year, well below analysts estimates of 19% growth.
Following the lowered guidance analysts at Morgan Stanley (MS) and JPMorgan (JPM) lowered their price targets to $32.7 from $38 and to $34 from $40, respectively.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates NEW ORIENTAL ED & TECH as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate NEW ORIENTAL ED & TECH (EDU) a BUY. This is driven by several positive factors, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." EDU data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV