For the second quarter Terex reported earnings of 76 cents a share, missing the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of 81 cents a share by 5 cents. Revenue grew 10.2% year-over-year to $2.05 billion in the quarter. Analysts expected revenue of $1.96 billion for the quarter.
"Our results for the second quarter and first six months of the year were mixed both from a business and geographical perspective," Terex chairman and CEO Ron DeFeo said in a press release. "Our Aerial Work Platforms (AWP) segment had a strong quarter but margins were slightly lower than a year ago due to product mix and planned investments in new product development and manufacturing footprint. We expect this dynamic to continue through the remainder of the year, although on increasing sales versus the prior year."
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TEX data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV