Cisco CEO Calls Business Slow
Cisco (CSCO) CEO John Chambers said business in January has been "a little bit slow" for the networking giant, according to Bloomberg.
"The business momentum of most of my customers was very tough in December, and equally tough in January," Chambers said at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Chambers also was quoted as saying Cisco may put off some expansion plans as it waits for the slowdown to run its course. He called the slowdown a "two-quarter phenomenon."
Earlier this month Chambers, in a dramatic turnabout,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV