SEATTLE, July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Enlightiks, a provider of data and predictive analytics products and services to healthcare providers, is using Tableau to help physicians understand and manage data about their patients and practices. To help its customers navigate the rapidly changing healthcare field, Enlightiks developed an analytics platform, with Tableau at its core, that lets physicians and administrators visualize massive amounts of data on patient history and patterns of care. Critically, the platform also helps physicians make accurate predictions on topics such as patient readmission.
Enlightiks Chief Medical Officer Dr. Bas Nair says that this type of information is vital to the future of the healthcare industry.
"The healthcare industry is undergoing massive change, particularly as the rollout of the Affordable Care Act requires a more technology-driven approach to health," said Dr. Nair. "But most physicians are not 'big data-ready,' nor are they IT experts or fluent in predictive analytics. Tableau is the perfect solution because it is powerful but easy to use and with it, we are able to make this transition much smoother for physicians."
To help physicians keep up with evolving regulations and standards, Enlightiks tracks 33 quality measures and visualizes the information in lightweight Tableau dashboards. These dashboards help private practices, large hospitals, and anything in between track their progress toward these goals.For instance, Enlightiks' dashboards track readmission rates of patients, broken down by variables like gender, diagnosis, age group, condition, location, and more. In the hands of physicians, this data is a powerful tool to inform decisions about patient care and ultimately to improve patient outcomes. It's also a critical part of compliance to new standards under the Affordable Care Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV