LAKE FOREST, Calif., July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Kwikset ® (NYSE: SPB) introduces its latest Kevo upgrade today, giving users the ability to send free and unlimited Guest electronic keys (eKeys) to recipients, and with a Scheduled eKey, set day and time constraints for regular house guests like babysitters, dog-walkers and contractors. Kevo owners can update their Kevo mobile app and lock firmware to enable these new types of eKeys.
"We're always looking for ways to improve the Kevo experience, and we hope this upgrade shows our customers that we're listening," said Keith Brandon, director, residential access solutions. "Since Kevo's been on the market, our customers have asked for free eKeys that let them give access anytime to friends or neighbors without paying for a new key. Now our unlimited Guest eKeys let them do that. We're also introducing Scheduled eKeys to give homeowners the convenience of setting date and time constraints."
Mobile App Upgrade
With new free and unlimited Guest eKeys, users can give recipients unrestricted access for a 24-hour period. Owners also have the option to delete Guest eKeys manually before the 24-hour access expires. From giving a neighbor day-long access to keep an eye on your kids, or letting in a weekend guest who beats you home from a busy day at work, the Guest eKey provides ultimate convenience and flexibility.The new Scheduled eKey enhances home access control by allowing users to set day and time constraints right from their phones. Ideal for house cleaners, dog walkers, nannies or others that need regular access at pre-determined times, like on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1-3 p.m. Kevo owners can schedule these eKeys to be active prior to sending, so they don't have to remember to grant or revoke access to these users in real time.
- History log that monitors lock activity and tracks eKey users
- Optional push notifications when an eKey locks or unlocks the door
- Ability to share eKeys in just a few clicks
- Ability to temporarily disable or completely delete unwanted users from Kevo
- Touch-to-open convenience with authorized Kevo deadbolts
- Kevo web portal that offers the same management features via a web browser
- To learn more about the Kevo mobile app update, visit www.kwikset.com
- For high-resolution images, fact sheets and product requests, please visit www.kwiksetpresskit.com
- For interviews with Keith Brandon, Director, Residential Access Solutions, Kwikset or Phil Dumas, Founder and President, UniKey, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV