NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Unilever (UL) are down -0.39 to $45.42 in pre-market trade as the consumer goods company reported second quarter revenue growth that missed estimates as Asian emerging markets continued to slow and the struggling food business posted another sluggish result, Bloomberg reports.
Underlying sales were up 3.8% in the period ended June 30, the company said today.
The median estimate of 15 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg was for a 4.3% increase.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV