ANDOVER, Mass., July 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG AEX: PHIA) today announced that it has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to market its innovative ultra mobile ultrasound system, VISIQ, in the U.S. VISIQ is the first Philips ultrasound system to combine the benefits of greater mobility, performance and simplicity into a single miniaturized solution, helping clinicians increase access to quality diagnostic scans for more OB patients.
This breakthrough ultrasound device can be easily transported wherever care is needed, and its quick-start technology and long battery life make it an ideal system for physician offices, hospitals and other clinical settings.
"VISIQ marks a new vision in ultrasound for Philips by allowing physicians to perform on-the-spot diagnostic scans, limiting the need for patients to go to multiple locations or schedule return visits," said Gene Saragnese, CEO, Imaging Systems, Philips Healthcare. "VISIQ is the latest example of Philips' continued commitment to create advanced innovative technology solutions to deliver better care at lower cost and to help improve patient outcomes."
VISIQ's touch-screen gesture controls are familiar to anyone who has used a smartphone or tablet. It allows users to easily capture images, take measurements and share data. In addition, VISIQ offers many of the automatic image optimization features found on Philips' premium EPIQ system, as well as built-in Wi-Fi for DICOM data transfer to hospital or cloud-based PACS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV