NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Nokia (NOK) are up 7.94% to $8.29 in pre-market trade after the network equipment maker that sold its mobile-phone business to Microsoft (MSFT), increased its profitability forecast after earnings beat estimates on rising sales in China, Bloomberg reports.
Operating profit at the network division, its biggest unit, will be at or slightly above the high end of its target range of 5% to 10% this year, Nokia said.
Previously it projected the margin to be toward the high end of that range. Second quarter earnings of 6 euro cents a share beat the 4.5 cents analysts projected on average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV