Parsley Energy, Inc. (NYSE: PE) (“Parsley Energy” or the “Company”) announced today that Dr. Hemang Desai has been appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors (the “Board”), effective July 23, 2014, and will serve on the Board’s Audit and Compensation Committees.
Dr. Desai is Chair of the Accounting Department and Robert B. Cullum Professor of Accounting at Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas. He joined SMU’s faculty in 1998 and has served as Chair of the Accounting Department since 2010. Dr. Desai’s research on accounting and capital markets has been published in top academic journals and has been the subject of articles at publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, the New York Times, and CFO Magazine. His consulting clients have included McKinsey & Co., Entergy Corp, and Baker & McKenzie.
“Dr. Desai’s expertise on financial reporting and corporate governance, as well as his experience applying this knowledge in a variety of company contexts, complement the expertise and experience currently represented on the Board,” said Bryan Sheffield, Parsley Energy’s President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board. “We look forward to learning from his perspectives.”
Dr. Desai holds a B.Sc. from St. Xavier’s College, Bombay, India; an M.B.A. from the University of New Orleans; and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the Freeman School of Business at Tulane University.About Parsley Energy, Inc. Parsley Energy, Inc. is an independent oil and natural gas company focused on the acquisition, development, and exploitation of unconventional oil and natural gas reserves in the Permian Basin. For more information, visit our website at www.parsleyenergy.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV