BankUnited, Inc. (the “Company”) (NYSE: BKU) today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2014.
For the quarter ended June 30, 2014, the Company reported net income of $48.5 million, or $0.46 per diluted share, as compared to $54.0 million, or $0.52 per diluted share, for the quarter ended June 30, 2013.
For the six months ended June 30, 2014, the Company reported net income of $103.8 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, generating a return on average stockholders’ equity of 10.54% and a return on average assets of 1.32%. The Company reported net income of $102.2 million, or $0.99 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2013.
John Kanas, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We continue to enjoy the benefit of the robust economic rebound of both our Florida and our New York markets.”Performance Highlights
- New loans grew by $971 million during the second quarter of 2014, excluding the impact of the sale of $303 million of indirect auto loans. For the six months ended June 30, 2014, new loans increased by $2.1 billion excluding the impact of the sale of indirect auto loans.
- Total deposits increased by $913 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 to $12.0 billion, reflecting growth across all deposit categories. For the six months ended June 30, 2014, total deposits grew by $1.5 billion.
- The net interest margin, calculated on a tax-equivalent basis, was 4.67% for the quarter ended June 30, 2014 compared to 6.14% for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 and 5.05% for the immediately preceding quarter ended March 31, 2014. The net interest margin continues to be impacted by the origination of new loans at current market yields lower than those on the covered loan portfolio.
- Loss sharing under the terms of BankUnited, N.A.’s Commercial Shared-Loss Agreement with the FDIC terminated on May 22, 2014. At June 30, 2014, the Company’s loan portfolio included commercial and consumer ACI loans with a carrying value of $102 million and the investment portfolio included securities with a carrying value of $204 million formerly covered under the terms of the Commercial Shared-Loss Agreement.
- The Company terminated its indirect auto lending activities and sold substantially all of its indirect auto loan portfolio in the second quarter of 2014.
- Book value and tangible book value per common share grew to $19.82 and $19.14, respectively, at June 30, 2014.
|Tier 1 leverage||11.6||%|
|Tier 1 risk-based capital||17.7||%|
|Total risk-based capital||18.5||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV