Trade-Ideas: Hanesbrands (HBI) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- HBI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.5 million.
- HBI is up 4.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HBI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HBI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HBI: Hanesbrands Inc., a consumer goods company, designs, manufactures, sources, and sells various basic apparels primarily in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Innerwear, Activewear, Direct to Consumer, and International. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. HBI has a PE ratio of 30.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Hanesbrands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hanesbrands has been 792,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hanesbrands has a market cap of $9.6 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 2.1% with 2.94 days to cover. Shares are up 39.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hanesbrands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HBI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, HBI's share price has jumped by 82.59%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HBI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$62.24 million or 21.29% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HANESBRANDS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -87.48%.
- 37.25% is the gross profit margin for HANESBRANDS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.92% trails the industry average.
- HANESBRANDS INC's earnings per share declined by 19.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HANESBRANDS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.25 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.99 versus $3.25).
- You can view the full Hanesbrands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts