BOTHELL, Wash., July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Allstate Insurance Company plans to add additional local agency owners in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii in 2014, expanding its recruiting campaign to find 51 new exclusive agents and 13 financial specialists and anticipates agents will be looking to find 102 sales producers.
"Allstate is committed to growing in the Northwest," said Brian Smith, Allstate's Northwest Region Strategic Deployment Leader. "We are looking for candidates who have an entrepreneurial spirit, driven personality, a heart for the community and a desire to be a small business owner."
The Allstate agency opportunity is unique among insurers because its agents own an economic interest in their business. "It takes roughly six months from initial interest to opening an agency's doors," says Smith. "Most people spend the same amount of time looking for a full time job."
As the owner of their small business, these entrepreneurs will be in charge of hiring licensed sales and customer service staff as part of building their business plan to serve the communities where they live and work. And it is anticipated that the 51 new agents each will be looking to hire two to three additional staff members, creating more jobs in their local area.Candidates for Allstate agency ownership need a minimum of $50,000 of liquid capital to invest in their agency. "This is not a franchise fee," Smith says, "it is an investment for their agency. This working capital covers the expected operating costs associated with a new agency in order to help them be successful." In addition, Allstate believes it offers best-in-class new owner curriculum where new agency owners receive comprehensive instruction on every aspect of insurance and customer service in order to best serve policyholders and to grow their business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV