NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) has locked up a big part of the world's sapphire production capacity. Apple customers have a special appreciation for a finely crafted instrument. This will be big. Very big.
If Apple produces a new iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch sapphire display, and most believe the company will, it will be a double win for Apple's competitive prospects. First, because we do so much more with our smartphones than just a few years ago, a larger display is something iPhone customers have been hungry for.
Second, that larger screen composed of sapphire will create a sensation of value and tactile appreciation all out of proportion to a comparable phone with Gorilla Glass. It will be a true "whole is more than the sum of the parts" effect.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV