NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Despite the outlook from economists stating retail growth is faced with challenges the remainder of this year, retail sales growth will still come out strong for investors. A peek ahead looks at what may be the next key drivers of retail, economic growth, its challenges and opportunities.
American consumers are not likely to drive economic growth. Economists state that retail growth is still faced with challenges the remainder of this year however with higher income rates, consumers are expected to spend more for this year, strengthening the economic recovery.
Luxury retailer Nordstrom
(JWN) has been making significant moves right to the top in the first half of 2014. The chain saw a rise in sales due to serving the higher-end consumer market, while Wal-Mart
(WMT) which caters to low-and middle-income households had remained cautious resulting in the retailer experiencing weakened sales.
Why Walmart Still Has 'Significant' Opportunity Online
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV