The company reported a net loss of $9.1 million, or 43 cents a share, compared to a loss of $46.9 million, or $2.14 a share, in the same period one year earlier. But this was still worse than the consensus estimate of a loss of 29 cents a share. Revenue increased 12.1% year over year to $206.7 million from $184.3 million, which beat the consensus estimate of $112.86 million.
Jakks increased its full-year revenue guidance to a range of $660 million to $670 million, greater than analysts' expectations of $649.84 million.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was down 12.83% to $7.27 at 12:06 p.m. More than 1.9 million shares had changed hands, more than triple the average volume of 535,194. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JAKKS PACIFIC INC as a "sell" with a ratings score of D. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate JAKKS PACIFIC INC (JAKK) a SELL. This is driven by multiple weaknesses, which we believe should have a greater impact than any strengths, and could make it more difficult for investors to achieve positive results compared to most of the stocks we cover. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally high debt management risk." You can view the full analysis from the report here: JAKK Ratings Report STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV