NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Tupperware Brands
(TUP) shares are tanking, down -8.9% to $77.19 on Wednesday, after the company lowered its full year guidance following worse than expected second quarter earnings results.
The food storage container manufacturer's quarterly profits fell 38% to $47.6 million, or 93 cents per diluted share, from the previous year's mark of $76.3 million, or $1.43 per diluted share.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Analysts were expecting earnings of $1.47 per share during the quarter.
The company also lowered its full year earnings guidance in turn, down to between $5.40 and $5.50 per diluted share from its previous expectations of between $5.66 and $5.81 per diluted share.
TUP data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV