NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (CHKP) are gaining by 2.09% to $66.12 in mid-morning trading on Wednesday after the company reported an increase in net income to $160 million, or 83 cents per diluted share, for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $151 million, or 76 cents, for the year ago quarter.
The company, which develops technologies to communications and transactions over the Internet by enterprises and consumers, said its non-GAAP net income was up to $172 million, or 89 cents per diluted share for the most recent quarter, from $165 million, or 83 cents per diluted share for the 2013 second quarter.
Check Point's total revenues rose to $363 million for the 2014 second quarter, compared to $340 million for the same period last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHN as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate CHECK POINT SOFTWARE TECHN (CHKP) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow."
CHKP data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV