NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Landstar System
(LSTR) are up 4.67% to $68.07 today after the transportation services company reported record quarterly revenue this morning of $814 million, beating the consensus estimate of $752.5 million, with truck transportation making up 94% of its revenue with $764.7 million.
The company also had record quarterly diluted earnings per share of 80 cents, beating the consensus estimate of 76 cents.
Chairman and CEO Henry Gerkens said, "The increase in underlying demand as well as industry-wide truck productivity issues should continue to contribute to the very healthy pricing environment for spot market transactions."
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV