BETHESDA, Md., July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- What is a hotel brand like Courtyard by Marriott doing at San Diego Comic-Con? Simple. The hotel brand is connecting with travelers and having a little fun. Courtyard is enabling Comic-Con fans to compete to be crowned "King" and "Queen" in a cosplay contest, featuring author, George R.R. Martin (visionary behind the "Game of Thrones" series) actor, Norman Reedus ("The Walking Dead") and famed special FX maestro, Greg Nicotero ("The Walking Dead") as the distinguished panel of judges.
The experience is the second stop in the "Courtyard @" campaign that launched earlier this year at SXSW. Connecting with travelers at the hottest events through customized experiences with its mobile pod, Courtyard @ showcases the brand's latest innovations while helping future hotel guests have a little fun on their trip.
Stationed at the Interactive Zone at Petco Park, the Courtyard@Super Hero HQ experience will offer attendees free make-up treatments and touch-ups at the hands of a top Hollywood special FX make-up team throughout the convention ( July 24 – 27).
- "Hands-on Service" (Make-up Stations) – Courtyard brings its hallmark guest service to another dimension by allowing Comic-Con attendees to undergo make-up treatments from a professional staff of prosthetic make-up artists. Both touch-ups and makeup transformations will be offered, as guests can choose from existing designs or create their own customized original.
- "Royal Treatment" (Courtyard's King/ Queen of Cosplay Contest) – Elite cosplayers will be crowned by Reedus himself as the King or Queen of Cosplay, as the actor handpicks winners from a group of finalists selected by Courtyard's roving judges scouring the scene for innovative looks from attendees. Martin will personally meet with the winners, and Nicotero will offer fans and finalists tips on their "cosplay" creations with a live make-up demo.
- "From Guest Room to Green Room" Comfort – Since character transformation can be taxing, Courtyard also invites attendees to comfortably recharge while sampling the amenities of the brand's next-generation guest room. Inside the mobile pod, fans can bring their comic book character to life with a customizable photo sharing platform, which allows cosplayers to select a relevant backdrop best-suited for their character, personalize a text script and share their new look with their friends.
- "Legendary Innovators LIVE" (Live Q&As) – As a hotel brand that pioneered the select service category more than thirty years ago by creating the first-ever business traveler hotel, Courtyard pays tribute to that spirit by hosting live fan chats with visionary author Martin, renowned make-up designer Nicotero, and Reedus, TV's most legendary zombie hunter. Fans ask the questions as our legends provide the answers on Courtyard's staging area, outside of the mobile pod.
"Courtyard@Super Hero HQ is our most fun stop yet! Interactive Cosplay allows us to share our guests' passion points right in the heart of the experience," said Janis Milham, senior vice president of Modern Essentials and Extended Stay brands. "This is a great opportunity for us to extend our hospitality and engage with travelers outside of our hotels."Courtyard @ Super Hero HQ will be open daily from July 24th – 27th, from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time, located in the heart of the Interactive Zone at Petco Park in San Diego. The event is free, no tickets or registration necessary, but a "fast pass" to skip lines is available to select Marriott Rewards members. Fans can follow @CourtyardHotels for the latest information on star appearances and event surprises. Comic-Con and the Comic-Con logo are registered trademarks of San Diego Comic-Convention.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts