Story updated at 10 a.m. to reflect market activity.
EA fell -2.3% to $37.54 in morning trading.
The analyst firm also raised its EPS estimates for the company through 2016. BMO Capital analyst Edward S. Williams noted that EA continues to execute well, and realize higher margins."With a strong start and leading share on next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony, we believe Electronic Arts is well positioned for a period of sustained growth with an impressive slate of core titles, strong digital growth, and focus on cost control," Williams wrote. "We also believe the company continues to leverage its portfolio of key brands and evolving business models across multiple platforms to reach and monetize a broader audience." Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. ------------------ Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates ELECTRONIC ARTS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate ELECTRONIC ARTS INC (EA) a BUY. This is driven by a few notable strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity." EA data by YCharts STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV