The stock closed at $18.23 on Tuesday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- FMER's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 43.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $37.35 million to $53.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 90.70% to $94.77 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, FIRSTMERIT CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -98.56%.
- The gross profit margin for FIRSTMERIT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 89.64%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 19.42% trails the industry average.
- FIRSTMERIT CORP's earnings per share declined by 6.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FIRSTMERIT CORP reported lower earnings of $1.18 versus $1.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.46 versus $1.18).
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: FMER Ratings Report