WASHINGTON, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Nearly 8,000 attendees will converge in Washington D.C. for Cardinal Health's annual Retail Business Conference (RBC), taking place July 23-26 at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. This year's event encourages pharmacists to "Lead Change" in the pharmacy profession, in their businesses, in their communities and for their future.
"RBC is the perfect opportunity for independent pharmacy owners to network with their peers and learn new ways they can lead change in healthcare – the kind of change that will ultimately result in healthier patients, healthier communities, stronger pharmacy businesses, and a more productive, cost-effective healthcare system," said Steve Lawrence, senior vice president of Independent Sales for Cardinal Health.
The tradeshow features a 174,000-square-foot trade exhibit floor, which highlights buying opportunities with more than 340 exhibitors. Pharmacists can also access one of the industry's largest and most complete lineups of continuing education opportunities, with 60 courses on topics that can help them improve both their clinical and business operations. Cardinal Health will also highlight its broad array of solutions that help community pharmacies diversify and improve their businesses.
Key highlights of RBC 2014 will include:
- Health on the National Mall: On Wednesday, July 23, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Cardinal Health and the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA) will host a free, public educational event to showcase the expanding role pharmacists are playing in improving the health of their communities. The event, which will take place in front of the Capitol Building, will feature tents, staffed by community pharmacists from across the United States, who are experts on heart health, asthma, weight management and other common health issues.
- The RBC Opening Session featuring Mary Matalin and James Carville : Mary Matalin is one of the most celebrated and popular conservative voices in America. As an author, television and radio host, and widely sought after political contributor, pundit and public speaker, she has become noted for her straightforward manner and insightful political repartee. Among her many roles and accomplishments, she has served under President Ronald Reagan, made her mark as George H.W. Bush's campaign director and most recently as assistant to President George W. Bush. Her husband, James "The Ragin' Cajun" Carville is one of America's best-known political consultants. His long list of electoral successes evidences a knack for steering overlooked campaigns to unexpected landslide victories and for re-making political underdogs into upset winners. Carville is also a best-selling author, actor, producer, talk-show host, speaker and restaurateur. At RBC 2014, Matalin and Carville will engage in a stimulating, candid discussion about today's hot-button political and healthcare issues, from both sides of the political aisle.
- Healthcare Roundtable Discussion – As the Affordable Care Act, changing demographics and other drivers continue to transform healthcare, RBC's Healthcare Roundtable Discussion will provide first-hand insights – from pharmacy industry leaders – about how some of our nation's most pressing healthcare issues are impacting community pharmacy. This lively discussion will feature B. Douglas Hoey, RPh, MBA, CEO of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA); Theresa Tolle , American Pharmacists' Association (APhA) speaker elect of the house and Connie Woodburn , senior vice president of government relations for Cardinal Health. These community pharmacy advocates will discuss industry hot topics ranging from narrow insurance networks to the critical importance of pharmacists receiving provider status, so they can be reimbursed for delivering healthcare services to patients.
- Innovation Hub – Part of the Cardinal Health showcase on the RBC trade show floor, the Innovation Hub will feature touch screen kiosks and iPads where attendees can learn more about, and interact with, wearable health technology, health gaming, apps and technology tools that can improve pharmacy practice. It will also serve as a one-stop location where attendees can network with dozens of IT exhibitors and pharmacy-focused technology products. Here, attendees can also find facts, statistics, educational information and practical examples of how specific healthcare technology innovations are shaping the ways pharmacists and other healthcare providers interact with and serve patients.
- Learning Lounge – This casual space on the RBC show floor will provide event goers the chance to learn about how they can get more involved with key community initiatives including Women in Pharmacy, Generation Rx, Good4Growth ™ and the Wounded Warrior Project ®. Here, attendees can also connect with thought leaders from Cardinal Health, NCPA and the American Pharmacists Association (APhA), to engage in conversations about key issues that are important community pharmacy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV