OKLAHOMA CITY, July 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Feed the Children is joining forces with Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE:SIX), to raise awareness and encourage support among park guests. The partnership between the world's largest regional theme park company and the non-profit hunger relief organization is part of Feed the Children's renewed vision to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry.
"Families come to our parks to celebrate — whether it is a birthday, an anniversary, or special time with friends and family — and to create memories that last a lifetime," said David McKillips, Six Flags senior vice president of corporate alliances. "We want to give all children a way to celebrate and enjoy what childhood has to offer, which is why our partnership with Feed the Children is so important. We hope all of our guests this season can build those special, lasting memories of Six Flags and also be inspired to join us in tackling the issue of child hunger."
All domestic Six Flags theme park locations will host "Feed the Children Day" on August 9, 2014, and will encourage guests to help support the effort. This special day will include:
- Kids' Dance Hour: Held for one hour at a designated location inside the park during "Feed the Children Day," where ambassadors will be providing information on the cause while having fun with the Six Flags Entertainment Teams.
- Ticket Proceeds: Fifty cents from every full-priced ticket purchased at the front gate on August 9 will go toward feeding children.
- Guests can visit www.sixflags.com/FeedtheChildren for additional event information.
Park-goers can also support Feed the Children by tossing coins into the designated Feed the Children fountains. All coins tossed into the designated Feed the Children fountains at Six Flags this summer will be donated to help defeat child hunger.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts