Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CCO) today reported financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2014.
“We are continuing to make progress across our Outdoor businesses, engaging global consumers more deeply than ever with the industry’s most advanced solutions and initiatives,” said Bob Pittman, Executive Chairman of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings, Inc. “At last month’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity, William Eccleshare and our Clear Channel Outdoor team represented their groundbreaking vision and innovation to the leadership of the world’s biggest global brands and agencies in advertising, creative and media. We were especially proud to see our recent innovative work with partners earn well-deserved international industry recognition, including Clear Channel UK’s collaborative work with British Airways to create its digital out-of-home campaign, which earned nine awards.”
“Our International business delivered standout growth of 7% in revenues and 5% in OIBDAN during the quarter, with continued momentum in Western Europe, as well as China and Brazil,” said Chief Executive Officer William Eccleshare. “The growth of our local advertising business in the Americas was strong, and we are refocusing national sales operations to fully capitalize on growing demand for out-of-home advertising in the US.”
“At the recent Cannes Lions Advertising Festival, we had an unprecedented display of our digital and mobile capabilities, showcasing work by leading global brands and agencies with high-profile displays, including the world’s biggest-ever rooftop HD digital screen,” Eccleshare added. “We are also delighted to have entered into a pioneering multi-year partnership with China’s BlueFocus Communications Group to promote prominent Chinese brands to American consumers in Times Square and major American airports. This is a great example of how we’re able to bring together brands and advertisers with world class inventory.”Second Quarter 2014 Results Consolidated revenues increased $14 million, or 2%, to $781 million in the second quarter of 2014 compared to $767 million in the same period of 2013. Excluding the effects of movements in foreign exchange rates, revenues increased $4 million or less than 1%.
- Americas revenue decreased $16 million, or 5%, (or $15 million excluding foreign exchange impacts) driven mainly by lower national account revenues, the nonrenewal of certain airport contracts and lower revenues in our Los Angeles market as a result of our digital boards that became inactive in April 2013.
- International revenue increased $30 million, or 7%, (or $19 million excluding foreign exchange impacts) primarily driven by revenue growth in western Europe including Italy, due to a new airport contract in Rome, as well as other countries such as Sweden, France and the UK. Revenue in emerging markets also increased, including in Brazil where revenue growth was driven by digital advertising and the FIFA World Cup, and in China as a result of new contracts.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts