KYOTO, Japan, July 23, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nidec Corporation (NYSE:NJ) today announced its consolidated results under U.S.GAAP for the period of April 1, 2014 through June 30, 2014.
The highlights are as follows:
- Net sales up 13.7% Y/Y to a quarterly record-high of JPY 240.2 billion.
- Operating income up 41.6% Y/Y to JPY 25.6 billion, marking five consecutive quarters of increased operating income since the structural reform in FY2012
- Upward revision to the 1H and full-year financial performance forecasts and dividend projections
- EPS: 64.96 yen (basic) 60.93 yen (diluted)
|Selected Consolidated Results of Operations (Unaudited)||Yen in millions (except for per share amounts and percentages)|
|Three months ended June 30,||Increase (Decrease) %||(Reference) Three months ended March 31, 2014|
|Ratio of operating income to net sales||10.6%||8.5%||-||10.2%|
|Income before taxes||24,971||17,366||43.8%||22,139|
|Ratio of income before taxes to net sales||10.4%||8.2%||-||9.7%|
|Net income attributable to Nidec Corporation||17,917||13,346||34.2%||13,351|
|Ratio of net income attributable to Nidec Corporation to net sales||7.5%||6.3%||-||5.8%|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-basic*||64.96||49.73||-||48.41|
|Net income attributable to shareholders per share-diluted*||60.93||46.42||-||45.39|
* The Company implemented a two-for-one stock split of its common stock effective April 1, 2014. The previously reported net income attributable to Nidec Corporation per share-basic and net income attributable to Nidec Corporation per share-diluted have been retroactively adjusted to reflect the stock split.