Jim Cramer's 'Mad Money' Recap: Stocks That Stand the Test of Time
Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's stock market is all about brands, Jim Cramer said on Mad Money Tuesday. Great brands stand the test of time and are almost immune to competition, making them worthy of their higher multiples, Cramer said.
Tesla Motors (TSLA) is one such iconic brand, having risen almost overnight from a cult favorite to one of America's most admired brands. That explains the 75% rise in Tesla's stock over the past year, Cramer said.
What's the Deal With Banks?A deal-less sector in a deal-filled world isn't going to get much love, Cramer told viewers as he explained why the banks and the industrial stocks are losing value by the day. Cramer explained that consolidation is an integral part of any healthy industry because consolidation takes out competition, lowers costs and allows the remaining companies to boost estimates. But there just aren't any takeovers happening in the regulation-filled world of the banks that are simply reeling from continuing low interest rates. SunTrust Banks (STI), Wells Fargo (WFC) and KeyCorp (KEY) all posted great earnings, Cramer noted, but their stocks continue to slowly lose value almost daily. Read More: Why Shorting Tesla Is Not a Smart Plan for Now The industrials have also stagnated, as stocks like Eaton (ETN), B/E Aerospace (BEAV) and Honeywell (HON) have proven recently. With their exposure to Europe, Cramer said the industrials have also become a terrible place to be.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV