NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It was another lackluster session Tuesday for the market indexes.
The DJIA was up 61.81 points to close at 17113.54. The S&P 500 flirted with a new all-time closing high but finished short, closing at 1983.53, up 9.90 points. The Nasdaq was higher by 31.31 to close at 4456.02. The Russell 2000 closed up 9.49 at 1156.15.
The higher close of the indexes was all on air once again. The S&P 500 Trust Series ETF (SPY) traded 67 million shares, slightly higher than Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV