"The best traders have no ego. You have to swallow your pride and get out of the losses." -- Tom Baldwin
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today we saw much better action than we have seen for a long time -- with stocks behaving well, including some breakouts.
We've seen so many breakout failures and poor action lately. But Tuesday we saw that change, at least for a while. It doesn't mean we are out of the woods, but it does mean I am not 100% cash anymore. I'm still using relatively small positions, just dipping my toes in the water. But so far the water feels good and safer.
Things did slow in the afternoon a bit. But all in all it was a much better day than we've been seeing of late.Domino's Pizza: 11 Amazingly Tasty Facts You Should Know Nintendo Should Scrap the Wii U Apple's Ho-Hum Quarter Is a Set-Up to Its Biggest Product Launch Ever We Could Be Minutes, Hours, Days, Weeks Away From a Huge Pandora Announcement Let's kick it off with the index charts. The S&P 500 SPDR ETF (SPY) looked great today, although it did reverse. Some stocks held up well. Expect more chop and sideways action with the exception of select stocks -- it's still a stockpicker's market. Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG), for example, did great on earnings while Netflix (NFLX) didn't. It remains the earnings season of non-action. Have a great summer night. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @iTraderz This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV