Cramer says the fast food giant has lost momentum in areas where he thought they had some, such as Europe. U.S. sales were also poor. Cramer believes McDonald's no longer has what people want. He contrasts it with Chipotle (CMG), which is all natural and organic.
Cramer thinks McDonald's and Coca-Cola (KO) are "riding a trend into the sunset." He just does not see their offerings appealing to anyone. He notes they used to appeal overseas despite stagnant U.S. numbers, but now it looks the entire world is stagnant.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV