Facebook reported fiscal second-quarter adjusted earnings of 42 cents a share compared to 19 cents a share in the year earlier period and exceeding analysts' estimates by 10 cents. Revenue rose 61% from last year to $2.91 billion, surpassing estimates of $2.81 billion, according to Thomson Reuters.
The social network averaged 829 million daily active users (DAUs) in June 2014, a 19% increase year-over-year. Mobile DAUs during the same period increased 39% year-over-year to 654 million. Monthly active users (MAUs) and mobile MAUs both exceeded 1 billion, increasing 14% and 31% year-over-year, respectively.
Facebook's revenue from advertising increased 67% year-over-year to $2.68 billion, or 65% excluding changes in foreign exchange rates. Approximately 62% of advertising revenue was from mobile, up 41% to $1.66 billion from the second quarter of 2013, the Menlo Park, Calif.-based company said.
Facebook Q2 Live Earnings Blog
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV