PORTLAND, Ore. (TheStreet) -- The owners of Gordon Biersch pioneered mixed martial arts in the United States. The brand's restaurants are as at home in Waikiki and Taiwan as they are in San Francisco. Its name is as closely associated with garlic fries as with German- and Czech style beers.
It's been a strange, interesting quarter-century for Gordon Biersch and founding brewer Dan Gordon.
Back in 1987, after attending The Technical University of Munich and studying German beer brewing, Gordon teamed with restaurateur Dean Biersch and began laying the groundwork for brewpub in Palo Alto, Calif. Gordon felt the brewery should focus on German styles brewed under the Reinheitsgebot German purity laws that restricted ingredients to water, hops, barley and yeast.Why Big Brewers Fail at Small Beer Festivals 10 Beers to Try Before Summer 2014 Ends The Future of Craft Beer Starts in Massachusetts
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV