NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) are surging, up 12.29% to $662.44, after the restaurant company reported a 25.5% increase in net income to $110.3 million for the 2014 second quarter, over the same period last year.
The company's diluted earnings per share was $3.50, a 24.1% increase from the last year's second quarter.
Revenue was $1.05 billion, 28.6% higher than the same quarter a year ago.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Growth Stocks
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV