NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Boston Scientific Corp.
(BSX) are up 2.87% to $12.91 as the medical solutions company initiated its full commercial launch today of the new POLARIS Imaging System.
The system offers enhanced ease-of-use and more powerful processing capabilities to support intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) catheters, including coronary, peripheral and intra-cardiac echo products, the company said.
Yesterday, Boston Scientific received FDA approval for the REBEL Platinum Chromium Coronary Stent System, the company's latest generation bare-metal stent for the treatment of coronary artery disease.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP (BSX) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.08 versus -$2.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.80 versus -$0.08).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 137.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$354.00 million to $133.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $198.00 million or 21.47% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -12.48%.
- The gross profit margin for BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.49% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: BSX Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV