NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- State Street
(STT) shares are down -1.5% to $68.74 in heavy trading volume despite the company beating analysts second quarter earnings estimates by 13 cents per share, reporting earnings of $1.39 per share.
Revenues rose 4.7% over the previous year's second quarter to $2.68 billion, ahead of analysts $2.6 billion estimates.
The custody bank's lending and investing arms suffered due to the Fed's low benchmark interest rate. However the company's custody assets rose to $21.7 trillion, helping offset the loss of business due to the lower interest rate.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
STT data by YCharts
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV